1.15.2014

peach crisp smoothie


So I'm halfway through my second week back to school and I'm already missing sleeping in, eating pancakes for breakfast on a Wednesday, laying in bed browsing Pinterest foreversssss, and eating cake for lunch. Well the cake for lunch thing doesn't depend on if I'm on break or not, but you know. Being back to normal life has me hurting. My brain. My heart. {dramatic.} My abs. Seriously did someone somehow punch me in the stomach without me knowing errrrrr what?

The thing about being a blogger is that you pick and choose what you share. I think everyone tends to leave out the awkward or embarrassing parts and that ends up painting the picture of a perfect person. And I am far from that. So lest you people think I'm not totally loony and don't make a fool out of myself constantly, I'm gonna tell you a funny story. That happened at the gym this afternoon. It's already wonderful, isn't it? 


So at my gym, there's this really tiny trainer and this really huge trainer. The huge trainer is really serious, intimidating, has a freakishly low voice, and his biceps are about the size of a watermelon. When I started going to the gym, I kid you not, he scared the crud out of me and I would fumble trying to figure out how to turn the treadmill on for like HOURS {dramatic.} rather than ask him for help. As time went on, the tiny trainer ended up being my trainer- less scary, ya know. 

ANYWAYS. Today, I noticed I had squats as part of my program and I was dying a little bit inside because the gym was packed and I hate squatting in front of people. I mean, is it even possible to enjoy that? Not after watching some girl nearly touch her booty to the floor and bounce up effortlessly. When I moved over to the squatting cage {pretty sure that's not the right term.}, I asked my trainer to help me and give me some tips because I was pretty sure I wasn't doing it right. 


WELL. No, he called the other trainer to help me. Oh my gosh you guys, I wish I could have just ran out of there like the speed of light. As he meandered on over to me, he set up the barbell, explained what to do, and made me face the WALL. After he walked away, I decided I'd had enough of staring at a wall and sticking out my butt for all the world to see so I thought I'd move the hooks so I could squat the other way.  BAD IDEA, YOU GUYS. BAD. I. DEA. Bolts went flying, dinging off of this thing and that thing. My friend tried to help me move the barbell and we nearly hit a few people in the schnoz. The huge trainer yelled to the tiny trainer that I needed to face the other way, and me being the stubborn brat that I am said I didn't want it that way. 

MORAL OF THE STORY. I totally made a fool out of myself, made a crap load of noise, nearly took a few precious lives with a barbell, and made the trainer who already dislikes me dislike me a teensy bit more. 

I'm trying to think of how to segway from that gem of a story to this smoothie, but can't really think of anything. So here ya go! A smoothie for your face! I think you'll love it. It tastes like dessert and you can totally have it for breakfast. Or if you're a freak stress-eater like me, eat it for lunch. 


peach crisp smoothie 

1/2 banana
1 frozen peach
small handful of raw walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
2 tbsp. oats
dash of ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. soymilk or other non-dairy milk
handful of ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add more ice or milk as needed. Pour into a glass and serve immediately. Makes one large smoothie. 


Pin It!

27 comments:

  1. that is why I do NOT go the the gym ....EVER - but I'll take this smoothie anytime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I think I just got used to an empty gym.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I have been reading your blog for awhile now, I am trying to eat healthier and work out. I can't wait to try this smoothie! And about the gym... That would totally happen to me haha one time I had to go up to the white board to write something, ended up dropping the eraser, picked that up then tripped over the white board... In front of the whole class. And of course my face turned BRIGHT red as they all laughed at me, well at least I can laugh at it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad to know I'm not the only gym fool. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love smoothies! They always make me feel better! We all have bad, embarrassing days sometimes, but hopefully tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that would SOO happen to me, but I try to stay away from gyms for those kinds of reasons (better for me to work out at home and make a total fool out of myself in front of my family instead of a bunch of athletes XD). The smoothie looks awesome though, I can't WAIT to try it!!! :)

    Em xx {Drizzled With Honey}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like something that happens to me a lot! I love the new blog design Sophie, and the smoothie looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't go to the gym as often as I make people believe I do, what with my endless supply of yoga pant & active outfits. I also scrolled through most of that story. I can't lie. I came for the smoothie. It looks so freakin' delicious. I can't wait to have my own. So, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you use honey instead of maple syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this just now and it is so good! Gave some to my 14 month old and he downed it! I think you can get away with leaving the maple syrup out. I used a very ripe banana so it was plenty sweet. Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No problem with moisture wicking either. timberland outlet uk It is on the trail that I will be most surprised by these shoes. The grip of the sole is excellent. Combining this with the quality cheap timberland boots of foot hold in the shoe, they are very precise and reassuring on forest trails. To the point of taking them a step further in this field, timberland outlet sale in more technical climbs and descents and slippery with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do we know the calorie count? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loaded the ingredients in the myfitnesspal.com recipe match, and it came back with a calorie count of 771. The main calories came from the handful of raw walnuts and the maple syrup. I'm questioning their idea of a handful of walnuts, which calculated as 3/4 cups, being 558 calories. Could that really be true?

      Delete
    2. I think it could be close to true. A serving size of walnuts (from the bag I have is 1/4 cup and I believe that is 150 cals. I'll just keep it to 1/4 cup when I make.

      Delete
  11. im sure you can make this with no maple syrup and maybe cutting down the 1/2 banana to make it have a little less calories or even the nuts, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really just wanted the recipe, but being the father of three girls taught me to ACT actively listening....so skimming and skipping comes naturally. Good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I Love it...
    and i thing thats good for you >>


    THE MOVIE Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suggest good information in this message, click here.

    ufa1688s.nett
    ufa345gold.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. its been long since i saw a post that's so educative and informational. i will make sure to share this my facebook group. you can also view contents on our websites below.

    French Bulldog Puppies For Sale

    French Bulldog Breeders

    French Bulldog Puppies For Sale Near Me

    French Bulldog Puppies For adoption

    French Bulldog Puppies


    Blue French Bulldog Puppies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!